Saturday, August 22, 2009

New Addition to our Family

No, I am not pregnant. But we do have a new member in our family. His name is Patrick. He has pink skin, looks like a human and has yellow hair. He is Ashley's new imaginary friends. She meet him in Del Rio and he shows up every once in a while. He really loves to go grocery shopping with Ashley and I. Today Ashley asked if Patrick could go to school with her. I said sure as long as he obeys the rules and keeps her safe. She jumped up and shouted "Yes". I am happy to see this friend brings her joy.
I have never had a child with an imaginary friend before, so I don't really know how I am supposed to handle this. So I just play along and enjoy him with Ashley.

2 comments:

Jaimie said...

That is so cute. None of my kids have had an imaginary friend either. My brother did when we were kids though and I have the funniest memories of the silly things he said. That will bring you both such joy and laughter!

Misty said...

How Cute! Maddy had imaginary friends too!!! I will have to tell you that story sometime!!! =)