Sunday, December 7, 2008

"Winter Festival"







I took the three girls to the Stone Oak Winter Festival yesterday where Haley's 4th and 5th grade choir sang. I want to take just a minute to vent about this experience. They sang about 20 minutes and about 8 songs. Not a single one was about "Christmas". We had reindeer songs and Santa songs. There was even a Hanukkah song, but not a single Christmas song. I know this is the way it is, but it is disappointing to me. After Her choir sang we walked around and found Santa to take pictures with him. While waiting in the 45 min line we got the privilege of listening to a group (on a small stage way out of the crowd) sing true "Christmas" Songs. When and where did it happen that we lost the Christ in this time of Celebration???


Ok now that is off my chest, we did enjoy watching Haley perform. She has really loved singing and is getting good at it. But she had absolutely no desire to sit on Santa's lap for a picture.

4 comments:

Tammy and Kinamo said...

tyipicol hayley

Cara Fish said...

oh, that is so sad. i totally know what you mean. i don't know why people forget so easy!

Tammy and Kinamo said...

The comment above was written by Haley's brother.

Buxton Family said...

I remember singing all the true Christmas songs in school. It is really sad that our kids don't get to have that chance.