Friday, January 2, 2009

Coke overdose

For many years I have had an addiction to the "Real Thing". I tried so hard to give Diet Coke a chance, but it just doesn't do it for me. After battling with the guilt of drinking the calories and trying to loose a few pounds I have decided to give it up cold turkey. No substitutes and no "just this one". I will be coke free until Valentines Day. To end this addiction I decided to have one last coke to celebrate New Year's with. I went to the local convenience store and bought a 44oz coke. I have seen so many people drinking this size, but never have myself. So as the evening went on and my drinking continued I started feeling dizzy and a little light headed. After only being able to drink 30 oz I gave up and dumped the rest out. Needless to say I was up most the night. I guess there is one way to break an addition, just overdose on it and the desired for another drink is gone!!!
Follow my progress and check in on me.


3 comments:

Jaimie said...

Go Tammy! I too have an addiction... to diet coke. I need to give it up too. It's just so hard. Good luck. I'll be following your progress.

I loved the post about your best purchases of 2008. Fun idea.

beachmom2boys said...

I am trying to give up the same thing. I am allowing myself to have one when we are at a restraunt. Have you had the "caffeine withdrawal" headache? Good Luck!! You seem pretty determined you will probably be fine.

Misty said...

Good Luck!!!!! Eric will be SOOOO Proud!