Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Tumor Update

Karley saw the Ear specialist yesterday. Dr. King explained to me that Karley has a small defect in her ear behind the ear drum. This defect allowed infection and tissue to collect there which caused her first tumor. Then maybe even one cell was left after the tumor was removed and now it has grown again into another tumor. So the plan is on Nov 19 she will go in and remove the tumor and surrounding tissue, fix the defect with cartilage from her outer ear and put the ear back together. Then in six months go back in and check for any left behind cells. If they find them they will be removed and she shouldn't get another tumor. So besides having two surgery's ahead of us it was good news that this should be the fix.

6 comments:

Jaimie said...

It sounds like the new doctor know's what needs to be done. I'm glad you have such a great specialist. I'm so sorry that the tumor is back and that Karley will have to go through this again. I will be praying for Karley, and for you... I know how your heart aches when it's your baby. Can I take your kids that day? call me.

Hipple Family said...

Hey Tammy!
I saw your blog through Chelsea. THought I would see how you guys are doing and what your up to!
Sorry about all the medical stuff your dealing with. That is no fun! Are you guys still around???
hipplesblog.blogspot.com

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

I am just now catching up on all my blog reading. What a fun idea to throw a back to school party for all the adults, neat idea. I am going to do something like that here to help the sisters get to know eachother better. Sorry to hear about the tumor, please keep us updated. We will pray for you. When do you think you will be moving?

Misty said...

I am thinking of you!!! We will keep Karley in our prayers. Please let me know if I can help with ANYTHING Tammy!

The Addams Family said...

I'm glad everything will be okay after these surgeries. Please let us know if you need anything. Hmmm... moving to Stone Oak sounds like a good idea. Do you know of anyone with a house for sale? Ha ha!

Cara Fish said...

Hey there! This is Sister Nielsen from Del Rio! I found your blog through Ryan and Kristina! I'm so glad to have found you! I am sorry about all of the Dr stuff! Ick! But glad you got some good news! How ARE you?! Come visit our blog...I'm so glad you are well!